Bulldogbbs the doghouse you want to be in

• August 23, 2017, 03:16:23 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ubuntu On A Stick...  (Read 3100 times)

funnel71

• Senior Bulldog
  • Demon of DVD
    • Movie Database
Ubuntu On A Stick...
« on: December 30, 2012, 17:27:59 PM »

So since I got a 16GB USB stick for Christmas, I decided to try to create a bootable Ubuntu installation on it.  Before I boot a machine with it, I wanted to test it in a virtual world first.  Using LinuxLive USB Creator, I've downloaded various ISOs, and have attempted to load them on to the stick, using the settings within LLUC, including the setting for the option to launch it within windows, which uses VirtualBox to do so (Oracle based product).  The later versions don't even try to boot as a PAE processor error occurs.  So I tried older "non-PAE" versions.  On version 11.10 of Ubuntu, I got as far as to select "TRY IT" meaning don't install, just run it, and it acted like it was going to, but nothing on the display window.  It just stayed black.  It didn't indicate it was frozen, but it also was displaying nothing.

Once I prove it working in the virtual world, then I'll try to boot another "expendable" machine with it.  Is anyone here already doing what I'm doing, and if so, what flavor / version are you using?  I'm not tied to Ubuntu, just figured that was one of the most popular.  The ultimate goal here is to have a universal OS which will boot most any machine in the event of catastrophic failure of it.

Eto

• Virtual Librarian
  • Bulldog
Re: Ubuntu On A Stick...
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 20:15:48 PM »

If you manage that, I'm interested :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 17 queries.